14 February 2006

Why do I get out of bed?

Some days are just hideously crap you wonder why you woke up.

Today, I got to my local train station to find the London bound platform was closed due to vandalism. Great. Petty little thugs with nothing better to do than hang around train stations pulling up tiles means a whole stream of disgruntled commuters.

As I was on the train to Sutton thinking that London life and me were about to part ways, I read in the Metro (always a bad thing in the mornings!) about more and more misery (drug dealing in a pub frequented by Prince William, savage army beatings in Iraq, etc.)

Argh.

Just when all hope seemed to fade and the thoughts of staying in the UK seemed unbearable, I read about some horrible new gang in the States that has over 100,000 members, mainly from Ecuador and such. They're brutal, worse than the Mafia and moving more into profiteering.

Maybe the UK isn't that bad after all?

No comments: